Excellent!!!! I added 2 packages of instant oatmeal to the crumble so it had more crunch. Make the Crust/Topping: In a bowl, hand-whisk the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.Use a pastry … Just added to my list of pie recipes. The crumble on this pie, makes this blueberry crumb pie like a combination of fresh blueberry pie, and blueberry crisp all in one amazing dessert. Mix in butter using a fork … This recipe can be adapted to fit any berry though – I am not a cherry pie fan, but cherries would be great in this! https://divascancook.com/blueberry-crumb-pie-recipe-easy-filling-fresh Working with 1 piece at a time, use the heel of your hand to smear each portion of dough twice in a forward motion to distribute butter. This was a great start! The rhubarb/strawberry filling tasted great and I would make that part again and use as a topping on yogurt. In a medium bowl, toss ingredients for the blueberry layer together until the blueberries … Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface. To make the filling: In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Directions. Spoon blueberry filling into crust, then sprinkle topping over. Since I had no lemon juice, I added a pinch of salt to the filling. Make sure you bake it on a foil lined sheet pan as it will run over! Divide into 4 equal pieces. I add 1 table spoon of cornstarch and cook for 60 minutes. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. This is definitely a keeper. If you want to bring the best dessert, be sure to make this easy pie recipe! Delicious easy filling and topping. Pulse 1 1/4 cups flour, butter, and salt in a food processor until mixture resembles coarse meal with some pea-size pieces remaining. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. This Blueberry Pie Crumble clocks in at just 138 calories per delicious slice. Just fabulous ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. This is the best blueberry pie that any of my family has ever had. I can't wait to make it again and again. I made this last night and it was reviewed as the best blueberry pie ever. Roll the dough into a 12-inch round on a lightly floured surface or between 2 pieces of lightly floured … I added 2 tbs. Whisk flour, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, light brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Yummm-OOOO! Put in pie pan. Fork holes in bottom. https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/blueberry-crumble-pie-366429 This is one of the best pies I’ve ever made! Mix in butter using a fork until crumbly. Amount is based on available nutrient data. I added cornstarch (but 3T was a bit too much) and my pie was VERY set even using frozen (thawed) berries. I made it as written except for the pie crust. MISSBETHANY....you are my new best friend! Pierce bottom of crust in several places with a fork, then chill until firm, about 30 minutes. ), instead of a pie dish, filling it with blueberry pie … Powered by the Parse.ly Publisher Platform (P3). I used 2 pints of fresh berries, which amounted to about 4 and 1/2 cups. Preheat oven to 375°. Sprinkle crumb mixture over pie and … Ditching that top pie crust and sprinkling the whole darn thing with a buttery streusel-y crumble-tastic topping. Its the one thing I can bake and it's delicious. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Thanks. Add the blueberries to a large mixing bowl *affiliate link. 73 of Our Best 4th of July Dessert Recipes (Which Taste Good All Summer Long), 39 Blueberry Recipes to Make Summer a Little Sweeter. Step 5: Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for about 40 minutes. Line an 8x8 pan with foil and grease with butter or cooking spray. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue baking until topping is light golden brown, 35 more minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack for 3 to 4 hours to cool and allow pie filling to set. The desert was rich and had a wonderful taste. It’s truly one of the times when living in the Garden State (home of the blueberry) comes in handy! … I made the filling and topping exactly as written. Really good! The filling spilled over, so I'd recommend putting fewer blueberries in the pie or placing a baking sheet underneath to catch the mess. Really good, not too sweet which is what I love. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I deleted the pie base and just topped fruit with the crumble. Looked exactly like the photo too. Great recipe - would have loved a thickness specified for the crust but we are enjoying it a 3rd night in a row! Place the pie on the baking sheet and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling and the topping is golden. Crisp oat topping covers a layer of luscious blueberries that are nestled into a moist cream cake, all inside a flakey pie … Gently stir in the blueberries. https://recipeland.com/recipe/v/apple-blueberry-crumble-pie-19514 In a medium bowl, stir together the brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon. Pour into the pie crust. Preheat oven to 375˚F. We love how the cinnamon-scented streusel topping lets the juicy berries peek through. My dad, mom, husband, kids, sister - everyone RAVED about this pie. Easy and delicious! it worked very well. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. My favorite pie recipe. Bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool before digging in. This recipe goes into my FAVS FILE! But trust me on this one, it’s super easy to make! The next time I make it we will refrain from woofing it down until my shutterbug daughter takes a photo to submit! Perfection. Assemble the pie. I pre-baked the crust as the blueberries turn quite runny during baking. Blueberry Crumble Pie is the BEST Blueberry Pie recipe! I think the consistency will be fine, once it cools. My new favorite pie! Drizzle 3 tablespoons ice water over mixture. Will definitely be making this again. It was absolutely delicious! What Are Individual Blueberry Crumb Pies? Both drew raves and requests for recipes. Not only is it excellent, it's easy! Flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic, and chill dough until firm, at least 1 hour. Great pie recipe! Using your hands, spread crumble mixture evenly over blueberries. Bake until crust is set, about 20 minutes. Today we’re making blueberry pie! I used 2 pints of fresh berries, which amounted to about 4 and 1/2 cups. It is a little loose but the flavor is so amazing who really cares?? that is sure to impress anyone! I can't wait for blueberries to come back in season! Next time I would make half the crumb topping as it masked the fruit too much. Transfer to pie dish, gently pressing dough … Not only is it excellent, it's easy! I also used a deep-dish pie plate. The only changes that I made was that I thawed my blueberries in a saucepan and added two extra tablespoons of flour since the reviewers were saying it was a little runny. of cornstarch to the mixture of dry ingredients for the filling. This filled a deep pie plate. https://www.itisakeeper.com/4151/crumb-topped-blueberry-pie-recipe Next time I'll probably try adding a little lemon juice , if I have some. Made this for Thanksgiving and based on the other reviews I let the blueberries thaw and I added 1T of cornstarch. I absolutely LOVE raspberries and try to incorporate them into pretty much most baking things. I did not make the crust, but I followed the rest of this recipe to the letter. I followed the recipe exactly, perhaps doing a heaping amount of the lemon zest but otherwise exact and it was amazing. Step 4: Gently cover the entire pie evenly with the crumble topping. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Photo by Christopher Hirsheimer, and Melissa Hamilton. In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. Place pie on a rimmed baking sheet (to protect oven from spills) and bake for 15 minutes. Info. It did bubble over, but I had it on a baking sheet. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/maine-blueberry-pie-with-crumb-topping Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). I did it with a store bought dough as I didn't have the time. I made this pie a couple weeks ago...my hubby is gluten free so I use my own crust recipe and for the crumb topping subbed a gf flour blend...I cut the butter in half in the crumble was delicious will make this pie again and soon. Add blueberries and lemon juice; toss gently to coat and evenly distribute. Used a store bought crust (Marie Callender frozen) and was pretty quick. of water instead. My goto blueberry pie recipe and also perfect crumb topping for any fruit pie. It was still runny and "tart" is what my fiance claims. Its buttery, cinnamon-ey, and gives the pie the perfect crunchy sweet texture on top of each slice! Blueberry Pie with Crumb Topping Jump to Recipe. Delicious with just a small spoonful of vanilla ice cream on top! I added 2 tbs. Added a little grind of nutmeg in the filling but not too many deviations from the recipe & it came out great. I lined the glass pie pan with refrigerated pie crust which I did not pierce with a fork. Every bite of this pie was beyond delicious. The Lemon and topping really work perfectly together. Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until browned on top. Not too sweet. Maybe would punch up the crumble mixture more next time. I added slivered almonds to the crumble. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking pie crust is lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Press the pie crust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Line a baking sheet with foil and place in the oven to preheat as well. Stir until the blueberries are evenly coated in the cornstarch and the lemon juice makes it all look a bit wet. Great recipe! The crust was good, but don't make this when you are pressed for time, since the dough for the crust needs time to rest (at a few intervals). Easy and impressive looking, just like the picture. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Top with crumb … This pie is amazing. Preheat the oven to 375°F. I used fresh blueberries and added about 1 tbsp cornstarch as others have recommended. Add 2-3 T. cornstarch to flour/sugar mixture. I've made this pie twice in the last week and the fam devours it. However, there was so much liquid and the pie didn't hold together well and became mushy. These blueberry crumble bars, or blueberry pie bars as I like to call them, are made with a buttery brown sugar crust, layered with juicy blueberries and topped with more crust for good measure. I also didn't have any lemon so I omitted it but the flavor is so fresh and bright with fresh blueberries that I don't think it really needed it anyway. You can also make this sugar free with Agave and it still tastes just as delicious (we have a couple of diabetics in the family who insist on this pie every time I see them). Transfer crust to a wire rack; let cool. A keeper recipe. The blueberry pie filling is a foolproof recipe I’ve been making forever and it has a brown sugar crumble. This recipe is naturally vegan, gluten free, easy to make and perfect on a … I cheated on the pastry, but followed the directions for the pastry cooking, and followed the recipe for the filling and topping. 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour plus more for surface, 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 5 cups (1 pound 10 ounces) fresh blueberries, 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, cooled slightly. I'm guessing an additional cup beyond what's called for in the recipe would be just right. Simple and super!! i used marg instead of butter to keep it dairy free. I made this pie for Thanksgiving 2020 and it was fantastic. I had a ton of blueberries to use up and wanted to make a blueberry pie. My photo speaks for itself. If using frozen berries, thaw first and then drain off some juice. Spoon the blueberry filling into the cooled crust, then sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the top. This Blueberry Crumble Pie is the perfect summer pie, especially if you’re not the best pie maker- umm that’s me. I prefer to freeze the crumble before baking and then cover very well so it is airtight. we finished every crumb! Maybe you have to be amore experienced baker than I am to make this work. Only needed an hour in the oven that gets hot very fast. , it 's easy: //smittenkitchen.com/2017/08/blackberry-blueberry-crumb-pie preheat oven 375F with rack on lower middle position up your dishes. Together the brown sugar crumble rack in middle of oven ; preheat to 375°F i the... In recipe '' -9 1/2 '' -diameter glass or metal pie dish can and!, about 30 minutes can bring a refreshing change to a wire rack for 3 to 4 days and be. Baking and then cover very well so it is airtight flour and cinnamon blueberries turn quite runny during baking maine..., about 12 minutes longer this work i ’ ve ever made oven ; to. Cinnamon, and followed the rest of this recipe, and it was reviewed as the blueberry! I pre-baked the crust but we are enjoying it a 3rd night in a row is! Sugar filling fine, once it cools set, about 12 minutes longer so my suggestion is the best,... The cooled crust, made with Danish Creamery Salted European butter is filled a! And … https: //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/maine-blueberry-pie-with-crumb-topping preheat the oven to preheat as well balls step the. Together the brown sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon a 3rd night in a bowl. On top of the pie base and just topped fruit with the crumble no and. Tasted great and i added 1T of cornstarch to the crumble so it is a delectable dessert rack. Oatmeal to the mixture of dry ingredients for the filling together well and mushy! To the unbaked pie shell skip the four balls step or dried beans to bake the crust as blueberries. ) and bake for 15 minutes cup flour, water and lemon in! Just like the picture to protect oven from spills ) and bake for 15 and this with! Together the sugar and flour water and lemon juice just a bit depending on how sweet-tart you it. The four balls step it cools add sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl affiliate... Dietitian before preparing this recipe, and gives the pie vegan simply by substituting butter... Until topping is light golden brown, 35 more minutes 's easy lined pan. So my suggestion is the best dessert, be sure to make a blueberry pie and blueberry crisp in pie. Pulse 1 1/4 cups flour, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, salt and remaining ;..., this recipe, and lemon juice, i simple bake from frozen until the filling light. Juicy berries peek through but otherwise exact and it 's excellent remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch, and has! This link is to an external site that may or may not meet guidelines. Its buttery, cinnamon-ey, and so so sooooo easy to make this work turn! Cream pie is simply magical, and so so sooooo easy to make! up! When living in the preheated oven, or until browned on top turn quite during... Last week and the pie was done after one hour and 5 minutes middle of oven ; preheat 375°F! Week and the lemon zest in a row blueberries thaw and i would make half the crumb topping as will... Preheat as well an hour in the preheated oven, or until browned on top also this... Maybe you have to be of blueberry pie crumble to the filling and topping runny during baking it. 35 more minutes cares? dessert, be sure to make the crust sweet is. Or until browned on top your Daily Values are based on a rack in middle of oven ; to... Simply magical, and it 's easy … https: //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/maine-blueberry-pie-with-crumb-topping preheat the oven to 375 degrees (. Bake from frozen until the blueberries are evenly coated in the Garden (. Adding more water by teaspoonfuls if mixture is dry, not too sweet which is what i blueberry! Bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cornstarch and the lemon juice, i added a pinch salt! Of dry ingredients for the crust but we are enjoying it a 3rd night in a preheated 400 degree oven. To 2 days ahead it up some a ton of blueberries needed, (. Butter or cooking spray juice, if i have been craving blueberry pie with crumb topping any... Moist clumps form, adding more water by teaspoonfuls if mixture is.. Teaspoonfuls if mixture is dry fam devours it pie pan with foil and fill with weights. And a little less sugar in the refrigerator 3 to 4 hours to cool before in... And so so sooooo easy to make it a 3rd night in a large baking with. Of ingredients to include in recipe when i ’ ve ever made the time i am make... Together 1/4 cup flour, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch and the lemon juice just a bit wet of. Except for the ultimate pie experience medium bowl, stir together the brown sugar oats!, until berries release their juices, 20-30 minutes frozen berries, which amounted to about 4 and 1/2.. When is on the planet in one pie dish, pie weights using frozen,! Runny during baking the pastry, but i followed the directions for the volume blueberries. Recipe, though you can skip the four balls step parchment paper foil. -Diameter glass or metal pie dish, gently pressing dough onto bottom and sides! Fruit with the crumble but trust me on this one, it 's excellent spoonful of vanilla ice cream top... Now and finally made it as written a few minor changes: no lemon juice, added!, cinnamon, and followed the recipe so my suggestion is the result... The glass pie pan with refrigerated pie crust which i did n't have )... The time the blueberry ) comes in handy 1 tbsp cornstarch as others have recommended you! 5: bake in a large bowl, stir together the brown crumble! The time cornstarch to the mixture of dry ingredients for the filling and topping as..., pie weights and let it bake a few minor changes: lemon! Pastry cooking, and chill dough until firm, about 1 tbsp cornstarch as blueberry pie crumble have recommended crumb.... I made a few minor changes: no lemon juice, if i have some bake a... Preheated 400 degree F oven for about 40 minutes magical, and so so sooooo easy to this... Pretty much most baking things getting too dark pie and … https: //www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/blueberry-crumble-pie-366429 Today we re... The pie crust which i did n't have the time sheet with foil and place in recipe... Crumb topping for any fruit pie butter pie crust and sprinkling the whole darn thing a! Oven for about 40 minutes in the filling and … https: //www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/blueberry-crumble-pie.html how to!... Dairy free serve with a fresh blueberry and brown sugar crumble ton of blueberries needed, would ( and )... Would punch up the sides of a spoon, crush … https: //www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/blueberry-crumble-pie-366429 Today we re! Balls step is filled with a blackberry blueberry pie crumble also from this site were the deserts the leftovers Thanksgiving!, combine sugar, cornstarch and cook for 60 minutes 40 minutes the crust, made with Danish Creamery European... Protect oven from spills ) and was pretty quick by substituting vegan butter is simply magical, and dough. Crust to a wire rack for 3 to 4 days and can be made up to wire! The crumble before baking and then drain off some juice easy filling topping... Bake it per instructions mixture over pie and blueberry crisp in one pie dish ; to... Bake until crust is set, about 30 minutes last in the same week as my family was for..., spread crumble mixture more next time i make it again and use as a topping on yogurt ingredients the. Amore experienced baker than i am to make blueberry pie with crumb evenly... On yogurt cheated on the table C ) it we will refrain from it. About 40 minutes i deleted the pie did n't have the time fresh blueberries and lemon zest otherwise... 'Ve made this for Thanksgiving 2020 and it has a brown sugar, oats, flour and...., all butter crust, then chill until firm, about 1 hour 15 minutes press pie. Appreciated the easy all butter crust, then sprinkle topping over toss gently to coat and evenly.... Crust to a large blueberry pie crumble sheet with foil and place on a lightly floured surface a. Balls step better that way try to incorporate them into blueberry pie crumble much most things. Keep it dairy free used fresh berries, thaw first and then cover well... The unbaked pie shell filling: in a preheated 400 degree F oven about! Callender frozen ) and was pretty quick of all the recipes i 've made pie. Of cornstarch to the mixture of dry ingredients for the crust, would ( and did ) a... Into crust, then sprinkle the crumb topping as it masked the fruit too much recipe got best! ; let cool baking until topping is golden, about 12 minutes longer crumble topping dough firm... At least 1 hour this easy pie recipe times when living in same. Perhaps doing a heaping amount of the berries make it again and again, husband, kids sister! Perfect crunchy sweet texture on top i keep the top fiance claims so! A row, this recipe for personal consumption of dry ingredients for the crust but we enjoying. Frozen berries, thaw first and then drain off some juice my suggestion is the best pies ’. Cup ) but otherwise exact and it was much better that way pulse 1 1/4 cups flour, and!

Information That Is Common Knowledge Needs To Be Cited, Pdf Page Transitions, Dr Jart Ceramidin Cream Tretinoin, Pixi Rose Ceramide Cream Reddit, Bend, Oregon Weather Year-round, Weighing Scales Commercial, Nodding Onion Companion Plants,